Media Credential Pickup
Media credentials for the 2015 Penn Mutual Varsity Cup National College Rugby Championship will be available at the locations below during the listed times and dates.
Pick up Saturday beginning at 9:30 a.m MT at Media Will Call located at the West Box Office.
*Early credential pick up is highly encouraged as parking passes for Rio Tinto Stadium will be provided with all media credentials. You can do so Friday, May 1st 2:00PM-4:00PM MST at the Courtyard Marriot in Sandy, UT (10701 Holiday Park Drive, Sandy, Utah 84070).
Press Box Info & Procedures
- The press box will open when general admission gates open.
- Free WiFi will be provided and log-in information will be available at the media center located inside the press box.
- Photo vests will be available to pick up and return at the media center located inside the press box.
- If any media is found with alcoholic beverages or not working as designated in their assignment letter, the result will be an immediate revoking of their credential and dismissal from all press areas.
Interview Procedures for Print/Online
- No media will be allowed in the player locker room areas to conduct interviews.
- Interviews will be available with coaches immediately following the competition.
Photography Procedures & Restrictions
No photography is allowed in the player locker room areas.
Photographers must have a valid photo credential and photo vest to shoot from the designated photography areas on the field. Credentials must be worn outside of the vests.
There will be a photo marshal directing all activity in the photography pits. Failure to adhere to the marshal’s direction will result in an immediate revoking of your credential and dismissal from all press areas.
Rio Tinto Stadium
9256 S. State St,
Sandy, UT 84070
All media will have free access to Rio Tinto parking area with their media credential and assigned parking pass. Again – early credential pickup is recommended to obtain parking passes. The parking area and credential pickup location are highlighted in the map below.
- 2:00PM – 4:00PM – Early Credential Pick Up
- 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM – Cal Team Run @ Murray Park – open to area coaches and those attending the Varsity Cup – Rio Tinto Stadium
- 5:00PM – 6:00PM – BYU Q & A with Coaching Staff @ Courtyard Marriot in Sandy, UT – open to area coaches and those attending the Varsity Cup – Rio Tinto Stadium
- 9:00AM – Utah Youth Rugby High School Quarterfinals: http://www.utahyouthrugby.org/bracket/show/1507518?subseason=223925
- 11:00AM – 1:30PM – Rugby Festival @ Rio Tinto East Lawn
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM – College Fair @ Rugby Festival
- 12:00PM-1:30PM – D1AA Rugby Championship – Rio Tinto Stadium
- 2:00PM – 2:45PM – Penn Mutual Varsity Cup Final 1st Half – Rio Tinto Stadium
- 2:45PM – 2:55PM – Rugby Utah Announcement during Halftime – Rio Tinto Stadium
- 2:55PM – 4:00PM – Penn Mutual Varsity Cup Final 2nd Half – Rio Tinto Stadium
About United World Sports:
The newly formed United World Sports (UWS) LLC hosts a dynamic line up of emerging sports properties and has quickly become the leader at delivering premier international sports properties to U.S. audiences. UWS’ flagship property is the USA Sevens Rugby Tournament held annually in Las Vegas. This exciting 16-nation, three-day tournament has become the largest attended rugby event in North America with more than 70,000 fans coming to Sam Boyd Stadium. Broadcast live on NBC Sports the tournament serves as the only U.S. stop on a nine-city world tour and reaches more than 350 million television households worldwide. Additional UWS properties include the Las Vegas Invitational, America’s Rugby Seven’s Cup, the Penn Mutual College Rugby Championship (PMCRC), the Penn Mutual Varsity Cup and the Pro Soccer Challenge.
About Penn Mutual Varsity Cup:
The Penn Mutual Varsity Cup is America’s top collegiate postseason championship. The mission of the Varsity Cup is to grow American rugby by harnessing the collective strength of collegiate rugby and collegiate sport in general. The Varsity Cup features 14 of the most recognized and accomplished collegiate rugby programs in the country vying for the right to be named the Varsity Cup National Collegiate Champion.
The 14 Varsity Cup teams are the Arizona State University, Arkansas State University, U.S. Air Force Academy, Brigham Young University, University of California, Clemson University, Central Washington University, Dartmouth College, U.S. Naval Academy, University of Notre Dame, University of Oklahoma, University of Texas, the University of California – Los Angeles and University of Utah. In the 34 years of the collegiate rugby championship play 31 of the collegiate national champions have come from one of the 14 Varsity Cup teams. In total, a Varsity Cup program has played for the collegiate title in every year of the championship’s existence except for 1984.
The Varsity Cup programs also boast hundreds of Collegiate All Americans and scores of USA National Team members making the Varsity Cup a veritable proving ground of American rugby. With the country’s best high-performance training facilities, state of the art match venues and strong coaching experience, the Varsity Cup programs set the standard for elite player development in America.
BYU won the 2014 Varsity Cup National Championship over Cal 43-33 at Rio Tinto Stadium.
Follow all of the 2015 Penn Mutual Varsity Cup National Championship action on Twitter by following @Varsity_Cup or go to www.VarsityCup.us.
About NBC Sports Group:
When the Comcast-NBCUniversal transaction was completed in January of 2011, the broad reach and storied history of NBC Sports united with Comcast’s 24/7 ability to super-serve fans to create the NBC Sports Group. The new sports media company consists of an array of broadcast television, cable television and digital sports assets, including NBC Sports & Olympics, Golf Channel, NBCSN, 11 SportNets (regional sports networks) and their respective websites. Together, the new combined assets of the NBC Sports Group possess an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, PGA TOUR, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, IndyCar, French Open, Tour de France, and many more.